- Monitor implementation of all related HSE procedures, plans and polices at site.
- Fully aware of all preparation of HSE statistics during execution of the project.
- Monitor the safety performance of all on-site workers to ensure that all workers on the site work in a safe manner .
- Encourage and educate employees to take precautions and adhere to safety rules to protect themselves and the equipment they use from damage
- Identify and review various health and safety concerns specific to the work site and ensure construction site activities do not put non-construction site people outside of the site at risk
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and enforce OH&S legislation and codes of practice
- Conduct HSE trainings for senior and junior officials at site.
- Ensure daily risk assessments are being conducted as per company policy
- Update and display safety policies and pertinent information on the company bulletin board.
- Establishing inspection schedules for all tools, major equipment, lifting devices and mobile equipment to ensure safe operating conditions and compliance with current regulations
- Assist injured workers in obtaining Modified Duties and administer the return to work policy.
Education, Knowledge, skills and Experience
- Minimum 2- 5 years of experience as Safety Officer for Traffic Diversion and Pilling works.
- NEBOSH IGC is mandatory
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one year diploma in safety
- IOSH, OSHA advantage
- Must be up to date with legal and technological developments
- Advanced computer skills with experience using software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point (beneficial but not required)
- Have good communication and negotiating skills
- Have a good level of physical fitness and stamina, be able to cope under pressure
- Must have the ability to keep confidential information